My Guide Website?
Mooloolaba: Canal Cruise by Ferry with Optional Lunch12 Reviews
Take in views of the Sunshine Coast with a canal cruise on a genuine historic timber ferry. Set off from Mooloolaba and enjoy an optional lunch at a nearby restaurant afterward.
- Feel the region's past come to life and learn its history on a historic ferry
- Feed the local resident pelicans and fish as you cruise along the canal
- Admire some of the most expensive homes in the area on Mooloolah Island
- Keep your eyes peeled as you try and spot different kinds of local wildlife
- Listen to live commentary about the various sights as you cruise along
DescriptionDiscover the Sunshine Coast from the water on a canal cruise on a historic timber ferry, the only 1 still in operation in the region. Departing from Mooloolaba, explore the coast and canal system and enjoy an optional lunch at a nearby restaurant after the cruise. Upon departure, cruise past the wharf complex and marina towards Mooloolah Island, a man-made island where you can find some of Mooloolaba’s most luxurious mansions and award-winning homes. Continue on past Minyama Island and learn all about its famous residents including celebrities and sports stars. Then, enter the Kawana Canal system and learn the history of the area's development from useless swamp land to some of Queensland’s most expensive real estate. Enjoy breathtaking views of the coastline from Mooloolaba Beach right up to Noosa Heads as the boat turns around at the river heads before returning back through the river. Pass the pilot boats used by the Brisbane pilotage service and see where the wild Osprey Eagles nest. On the way back, pass by commercial fishing boats, including the largest long-line fishing fleet in Australia. Finish off the cruise by passing the Mooloolaba Marina and Yacht Club. Select the lunch option and combine the cruise experience with a meal at a local restaurant. Choose from a specific menu of fish, meat, and vegetarian dishes, plus sides, and 1 house wine, beer, or soft drink.
IncludesCanal cruise Lunch at a local restaurant (if option selected)
- There are 3 steps up and 3 steps down to board the boat You can bring your own food and drinks on board Infants under 3 are free