My Guide Website?
Moreton Island: Dolphin and Tangalooma Wrecks Day Cruise313 Reviews
Set sail to discover the world-renowned Moreton island paradise. Snorkel the Tangalooma Wrecks, watch wild dolphins, relax on white sand beaches, and enjoy a delicious tropical buffet lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sunshine Coast:If youʻre booking your trip to Sunshine Coast last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Snorkel the famous Tangalooma Wrecks from the dedicated snorkelling vessel
- Savor a mouth-watering tropical buffet lunch with ocean king prawns
- Encounter wild dolphins and other marine animals like sea turtles and dugongs
- Relax on the vessel and enjoy tasty frozen cocktails and a fully stocked bar
- Experience free time on the beach where you can feed the fish and kayak
DescriptionDiscover Moreton Bay Marine Park and learn about marine life from an onboard marine naturalist on this cruise. Go on a guided snorkeling tour of the Tangalooma wrecks and keep an eye our for the dolphins, dugongs and sea turtles that call this glamour area home. Choose from a tour where you meet the boat at the Rivergate Marina or with pickup from the Gold Coast or Brisbane. Throw your swimwear into a bag and set sail to uncover miles of unspoiled white sand beaches. Departing daily from Brisbane, cruise in luxury to Moreton Bay Marine Park aboard the modern, air-conditioned catamaran Spirit of Migaloo II. Here enjoy the freedom to do as much or as little as you please with all activities included and no local fees. Dive in and snorkel the fifteen shipwrecks that have been deliberately sunk just off the coastline with an abundance of spectacular coral formations and colorful marine life that needs to be seen to be believed. No experience is required and all equipment and water safety items are provided. Afterwards, join our naturalist guides in a fish-feeding session with the 200 species that frequent the area. Satisfy your appetite with a gourmet tropical buffet featuring ocean king prawns, and quench your thirst with a glass of local wine, craft beer or frozen cocktail. Take the time to relax, enjoy free island time on the pristine white-sand beach. Kayak on sheltered crystal-clear waters, join a game with complimentary beach sporting equipment, or simply kick back and soak in the serenity. Watch out for some of Queensland’s best marine wildlife in this area that is home to one of the largest populations of bottlenose dolphins in Australia. Feel the joy of seeing them jump and play in turquoise waters. Search for six of the world’s seven species of sea turtles and herds of shy and gentle dugongs in one of the world’s remaining strongholds for this species. Get help from the onboard marine naturalists that have been working with these incredible animals for over a decade and have the experience to give you the closest wildlife encounters possible.
IncludesFull-day Moreton Island cruise Morning tea and coffee upon boarding Tropical buffet lunch with ocean king prawns Snorkeling equipment Onboard commentary with marine naturalist All national and marine park fees included Fish feeding and free beach time Kayaking and beach sporting equipment
- Average tour sightings: Dolphins 92%, sea turtles 99%, dugongs 70%
- Buffet Lunch Menu (Allergen information: VE = Vegan | V = Vegetarian | GF = Gluten Free | LF = Lactose-Free | N = May contain nuts | E = May contain eggs): Ocean king prawns (GF, LF) Lightly seasoned roasted chicken pieces (GF, LF) Maple-glazed baked ham off the bone (GF, LF) Summer garden salad (VE, GF, LF) Mediterranean pasta salad (VE, LF, N) Classic coleslaw salad (V, GF, E) Damper-style bread rolls (VE) Sliced seasonal melons and tropical fruits (VE, GF, LF)
- Light snacks are also available for purchase onboard.