My Guide Website?
Sunshine Coast: Mary Valley Rattler Ticket from Gympie17 Reviews
Pre-book your ticket for the iconic Mary Valley Rattler Steam Train and discover Queensland's heritage railway. Journey through the Mary Valley and marvel at scenic views as you pass small villages.
- Travel back in history to a time when everything was slower
- Ride through a cloud of the fog departing the Historic Gympie Station
- Relax in the beautiful Rusty Rails Cafe and enjoy the scenery
- Journey to Mary Valley and check out historic towns
- Cross the Mary River, picturesque bridges, and numerous gentle hills
DescriptionRediscover the magic of a bygone era aboard the historic Mary Valley Rattler. The Mary Valley Rattler fleet is made up of heritage steam locomotives and carriages, each with their own unique story. The fleet also boasts vintage railmotors and diesel locomotives. The historic Gympie Station on Tozer St, has been restored to its former glory. Make sure you arrive early enough to take time to wander through the Station where you will learn the stories of the Mary Valley Rattler line, its people, and its history. The popular Platform No.1 Cafe offers a dine in experience before or after your rail journey, or you can buy take away treats to enjoy on board. The gift shop offers a selection of local goodies as well as speciality giftware and souvenirs. Have a chat with the train drivers and the tour guides before you board the train. Then sit back and relax as you begin your nostalgic rail journey through one of the most beautiful parts of Queensland. Discover the romance of the railway through the scenic Mary Valley. The journey crosses the Mary River as you travel around an abundance of curves, over bridges, and numerous gentle hills. The line wanders away from the river and into the valleys of some of its main tributaries including the Yabba, Kandanga and Amamoor Creeks, and passes through the small township of Dagun. The quaint community of Amamoor is a delightful historic town bordered by a verdant forest reserve, home to more than 120 species of birds. Here you can watch the fascinating process of the turning of the engine on the turntable.
IncludesReturn Rattler tickets
- Please ensure you note all children travelling under 2 at time of booking
- There is no assigned seating for the train, however if you are travelling with another party on a different booking, please note this in special requirements at time of booking (or give the supplier a ring) to assist the supplier in seating you together
- Please ring (07) 5482 2750 for information on wheelchair access before booking